Friday, March 12, 2010

Is chivalry dead?

Chivalry - the sum of the ideal qualifications of a knight, including courtesy, generosity, valor, and dexterity in arms. (dictionary.com)

In this day and age, it seems to be getting more and more difficult to find a "man" who knows how to treat a "woman." Or actually treat her the way she should be treated. What happened to showing up at the lady's house with some fresh flowers eager to meet her parents? Though, I know I don't want my parents to meet everyone I chose to date--since I'm not sure if I want to take it any further than a first date. But... C'MON SON! You could at least open the cussin door! Ever since I got back on the dating market--almost a year ago--it seems that SOME--not most--men don't care for treating a lady the way she should be treated. The last time I had a boyfriend who showered me with flowers on a consistent basis was in high school, and I loved it. He's the most chivalrous guy I've ever been in a relationship with. Finding that type of guy seems to be getting harder everyday. But then again...I don't think guys are the only ones to blame. I've heard stories of "women" who weren't as appreciative as I, or most other women I know, of a chivalrous man. Could it be that the women of today are giving today's men the impression that chivalry is lame? What do you think ladies and gentlemen?

No comments:

Post a Comment