Thursday, March 11, 2010

Corinne Bailey Rae - "The Sea"

Back from a very lengthy hiatus after the untimely death of her husband, Corinne's finally back. This woman is truly an inspiration to me. To be able to overcome the tragic death of her husband and still have that radiant smile amazes me. It's obvious how much she's grown image wise and artist wise. I love her new look. She's really come into her own over the past couple years and the long hair does her much justice. As far as her album -- it gives me so much life everyday.

There's a great variation of slow songs and upbeat, feel good tempos. "Love's on it's way" is a haunting yet beautiful song. "Closer" has a sensual feel to it. Which, is something different for Corinne. "Paris Nights/New York Mornings" is a feel good song. Inspires me even more to save up for a trip to Paris in the future. These are just a few of my favorite songs off the album. You can watch the video for "Paris/New York" and "I'd do it all again" on her website. www.corinnebaileyrae.net

No comments:

Post a Comment