Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Selah...

"Pause, and think calmly of that..."

All I'm saying is... even demons believe and tremble knowing that Jesus is Lord. James 2:19 So, is it safe to say simply declaring Jesus is Lord is not enough...? PROVE YOUR LOVE! Yes, it is very important that we prove our love. Matthew 7:13-27 [READ THE WHOLE CHAPTER] Even those who profess "Lord, Lord," but practice iniquity [lawlessness] Jesus will still say "I never knew you." I don't know about you, but that's scary to me. And on top of that... He will say, "depart from me you that work iniquity." Can you imagine, you're standing there before God, and this is judgment time. And you say to Jesus "Hey, remember me!? I cast out demons in Your name, I professed you as Lord and Savior before many men, I prophesied in Your name, in Your name did I perform many miracles." And Jesus turns to His Father, then looks at you and says, "I never knew you." Then walks away. How terrible would that feel. That's a scary thought. 

Things have been watered down so much, I don't think this is something a lot of people think about. Tomorrow is NEVER promised to us. James 4 talks about not boasting in tomorrow, but instead saying, "If it's the Lord's will." Well I pray the Lord will be pleased with my life once it's all over. I pray that He is pleased with me now, and that where I am today will not be where I will be a year from now, if it is in His will that I live another year. And I'm not being old school, I just think it's time we go back to the basics. Read every word in the Bible and take it for it is. THE TRUTH and the moral standard that God holds us all to! I just want people to know that time, is NOT on our side, and we deceive ourselves when we know the truth but don't practice it. James 4:17

Read your Bible and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Philippians 2:12

God is love.

Mari

1 comment: