Thursday, May 20, 2010

Those "L" words

How naive of me, to even think that he, cared about MY feelings
For so long I longed for his hug, foolishly I thought my lust was love
Enjoying every time we touched, every time we kissed, every time we felt
Not realizing that "every time," I was losing my self
Deeper and deeper, in lust I fell, yearning to satisfy my flesh
My spirit was starving, no longer getting fed
Darkness consumed me, I was a slave to that bed
Emotions drug me into depression
It seemed my sin took me for a turn in the wrong direction
Eventually he left, showing me who he really was
Lost in the "world," I thought I could no longer love
But then again, that Love was Lust
So this "L" word that we use so freely
Doesn't even hold the same meaning...
Let me break it down for those who are confound
See, most of us are just lusting after love, thinking we can trust...
Our heart, and our emotions, and our mind thinks that it's devotion
But my brethren don't be deceived please
Remember... Eve did eat from the Tree..
Of knowledge because she wasn't content with just the Tree of Life
She failed to realize all we needed was the light
Like a lot of women today, you should know that God is the only way
He knows what you want, and He knows what you need
He knows your desires and wants you to be free
Free from lust and free from sin
Trusting in Him is the only way you can win
So be ye reminded to WAIT for GOD to send you your husband
Otherwise the whole time you're "loving" you'll only be lusting.


Mari ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment