Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Who's judging?


Proverbs 28:5 Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the Lord understand it completely.

Lately, we've been witnessing a lot of situations where people have felt that justice has been perverted, however, I think it's more of a misunderstanding of what justice truly is. Proverbs 28:5 sheds some much needed light on the issue. Consider Kony and Trayvon or even Mussolini and Hitler, we as mankind demand that a price be paid for the wrong that someone has done to us, or the mistreating of another. We also agree in "extreme" cases that merely death is never enough.

When we are wronged, we have an inclination that cries out for justice to be served, therefore demonstrating that the law of God is on our hearts and in our consciences. I've realized from reading Exodus 18, that even civil and moral law comes from God, so how much more do spiritual laws? I think it's important we keep in mind that God is ALWAYS the ultimate judge. As a matter of fact, the death sentence was instituted to say that a criminal is too heinous for humans to even judge, therefore we are going to kill him and send him to God's court. Hmmm... interesting huh?

Luke 6:42 talks about taking the log out of our own eye so that we may see clearly. So is it safe to say that a misunderstanding of justice comes from not being able to see clearly? According to the book of Proverbs, the thing that they don't see clearly is God, thus not being able to understand justice. This is scary because in the same chapter of Luke, verse 38, it says "for with the measure you use it will be measured back to you," so the world basically accuse, condemn and judge themselves every time they protest about justice not being "served" on these "heinous" criminals (but on the other side of the coin, they aren't able to see how heinous their own crimes are, and just how heinous their human nature is).

You see, the problem is we don't think our human nature is bad (Genesis 6:5,Genesis 8:21, Romans 3:23, Matthew 7:11, Psalm 51:5, Isaiah 64:6). We think we are "good" people and that God doesn't severely punish the least liar, thief, fornicator, blasphemer, murder, etc. Because the Law of God is written on our heart, He therefore judges out of our hearts! If I were to punch my parent in the arm, I'd probably get cussed out! If I punched a person on the street or a police officer, I'd get sent to jail (or worse!) If I punched the president, I'd get shot, and if I punched the pope, I'd probably be killed! Do you see what seemed to be a small offense to a parent, the punishment increases when the person's status is increased... so how much more God? And we punch Him everyday, like all the time!

Many want to say, "Well God is love..." And that's TRUE! But, if I love light what do I hate? If I love hot, what do I hate? If I love righteousness what do I hate? God hates evil and because He is righteous, pure and Holy, He will eliminate it. We just don't sin, we are born sinners, we and the world are already judged, (Hell is the wrath and justice of God, an eternal jail) but fortunately, we do have a savior... The long awaited Messiah has come, and will come again.  Let's praise GOD that Christ came not to condemn the world but that the world might be saved through Him... John 3:17 !!!

  Kamaria

2 comments:

  1. Every time we sin it is like punching God. Never thought of it that way. That is deep and disturbing that mankind continually slaps God in the face. Anyways great post Kamaria :)

    ReplyDelete