Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Naysayers & Unbelievers

About a week ago I got a message on Facebook about a status that brought about some controversy. I guess they came to me seeking some type of advice or maybe defense.. however, I didn't want to get involved, I get sensitive when people talk down on my Father and... I don't like to argue. So... eh... here's what I told them once I looked at the comments on the status. 

"Wow. Well. There are a lot of people who don't want to believe in God, and their reasoning's behind their unbelief vary. Unbelievers tend to like to debate on the word of God and say things like "the bible was written by man." Though man may have physically written the bible, it is still God inspired/God breathed [2 Timothy 3:16] (even though God DID write the first original 10 commandments Exodus 31:18) But these debates are pointless because it's hard to get an unbeliever to believe, a mighty, mighty move of God would need to take place. John 3:18 says he who does not believe is condemned already. The word also says the fool says in his heart there is no God. [Psalm 53:1 "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good."] The bible also instructs us not to argue with a fool [proverbs 26:4 "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."] With all this being said, try to avoid discussions like this because they are seemingly pointless. Most unbelievers and even "hypochristians" like to make "real Christians" feel stupid, and mocked. "Yea all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" 2 Timothy 3:12 Lastly, concerning your views, we are to be HOLY as He is holy, "But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy." 1 Peter 1:15-16. We CAN be holy, Jesus has already paved the way for us to walk in His footsteps. Some Christians just don't want to be Holy and unbelievers. Like she said "live and let live" We can't save everybody [that's the sad part] I'm glad you have the same conviction about living in holiness as me. Keep it up and STAND STRONG!"

No comments:

Post a Comment