Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Let's stop faking this..

I am about to keep it SO REAL right now, so...if you don't want to get convicted, HATE the truth, and want to continue to live in sin, I suggest you stop reading here.

So.... just because you go to church every Sunday [or on a "regular basis"], got saved/baptized [a few times], speak in tongues, tithe, and all that other stuff, DOES NOT mean you're going to Heaven. Let's be honest. I was on Twitter the other day and someone said "If you die in church, do you automatically go to Heaven??" DUDE!! lol I don't know if they were joking or if they were serious but I almost flipped my wig! I had to log off and calm down LOL you can do all these religious things, but if your heart isn't right, NONE of this matters! *read* I Corinthians 13:1-3 I, myself need to work on walking in love, because man...sometimes the flesh wants you to submit and act off emotions. Romans 8:5-6 If you like, you can go back and read my blog about emotions, it's just another way for the enemy to contain you.

Christians ARGUE about religious traditions entirely too much. This lady told me her mom and her mother-in-law argued when they met at her wedding about what kind of anointing oil to use and other meager "spiritual" things.  Some people get so wrapped up in the traditions of religion they forget about the 2 most IMPORTANT commandments... "Thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind." Matthew 22:37 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." Matthew 22:39 But, if you constantly argue with a person and hold strife in your heart about religious traditions...how can you say you love God. I John 4:20 I honestly believe, all these religious technicalities are another way to keep us from focusing on giving God all the glory. Some people are just too focused on having to get saved, speaking in tongues, prophesying, tithing and giving, having all the faith, we often forget the most important thing..to LOVE.

I'm going to take this further to say, even IF you stop living in sin, [fornicating, lying, stop getting drunk, cut off friends who are of the world, stop clubbing, etc] that's only a start! Change really has to be in your heart! If you stop all this...it's only in vein because the truth is, Jesus still doesn't know you! This is something that I'm still struggling with today man, so don't think I think I'm better than you, that's DEFINITELY not the case. I'm speaking to myself right now as well as those of you who took the time to read this. God wants the CLEAN part of your heart. Pastor Justin Cox of P4CM recently did a sermon and some of this is inspired by some of the things he said. [I suggest you watch it on the website P4CM, there are 3 diff videos; it's a series] But he made it so clear, that circumcision, or...getting saved/baptism is only the physical...you can do all this and still be the same person you were yesterday. Circumcision/baptism should take place in the HEART. Take a look at Jeremiah 4:4 and Romans 2:29

Let's not get so wrapped up in all these religious technicalities and lies the devil tells you. Fornication is NEVER okay in God's eyes. Envy, lust, greed, homosexuality [Romans 1:25-32, Leviticus 19:22, Leviticus 20:13], sodomy, sexual immorality, slothfulness, hate [the Bible says if you hate your brother, you're a murderer], drunkenness, SIN is just a subtle way...no, actually, it's a very BOLD way to tell God you hate Him and everything that He stands for. **I must say...you are not born a homosexual, a sexual predator, a murderer, a thief, etc..you are born into iniquity! Satan does not care how old you are, all he wants to do ruin everything God has made. Once you can learn and accept that, which is the truth, you can then trust and believe in God's word.** So...reading the Bible is VERY important...don't trust what I say, your pastor says, or anyone...read it! Interpret it! Understand it [Proverbs 4:7]! Read different translations-- BibleGateway -- there are different translations on this site, and it's VERY helpful. Learn the truth! "Just knowing the truth doesn't set you free, continuing and being consistent in practicing the truth makes you free." -Creflo Dollar

So...let me end this on a good note. Hopefully people will learn to accept the truth gracefully. [If you ever see me doing something outside the word of God PLEASE CORRECT me IN LOVE of course lol] In the words of my good friend Phillip Shobo, "When the Bible says "do not judge," it means don't condemn that person to Hell. Reprimanding the ACT not the person isn't judging."

I LOVE ALL OF YOU [believe that!!], and I pray that God has spoken to your heart today in a way that can help you change for the better. He has definitely touched mine as I wrote this. And PLEASE!!! Check out this BEAUTIFUL SONG!! WHOO!! It has BLESSED ME SOOOOO MUCH!! lol



♥Mari

No comments:

Post a Comment