Friday, July 13, 2012

You Belong.

 1 Peter 2:10 "who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy." NKJV

1 Peter 2:10 “Once you had no identity as a people; now you are God’s people. Once you received no mercy; now you have received God’s mercy.” NLT

Ever felt like you couldn't really find your place? Like no matter where you went, you didn't quite fit in? Maybe you weren't cool enough, or maybe you were too cool. Or even if you did "fit in," ever feel like something still wasn't quite right?

I've struggled with identity crisis for a major part of my life. Having friends, but never feeling like one in the bunch. I would always feel like I stuck out like a sore thumb. So, I would transform, into "one of them." Like a chameleon I would blend in with my environment, but never felt like I was just being me. For a while, this worked, but then I would begin to lose my transforming powers... I know that sounds demonic.. LOL But, I never was comfortable being me. I was always either, too tall, too skinny, or too goofy. Nothing ever seemed "normal" about me... my "flaws" were always pointed out.

But may I tell you what has changed for me? Jesus Christ. I have never been more free to be who am I am than I am now. From time to time, I can still feel a little awkward in my own skin, BUT GOD, has been peeling away the layers I have been hiding under. And do you know what I've discovered in this new freedom that I've found in Christ? People actually LIKE the real Kamaria! The way I dress, the way I wear my hair, the things I like to do, the way I carry myself... people like the real me! No fronts, no hiding, just being me! As a matter of fact, I draw more friends now, than I have before. But do you know what draws them? It's not just me being me, but me being me thru the freedom I've found in Christ! 

"Once you had no identity as a people, now you are God's people," knowing that I am His, and He is mine, is what makes my life even more worth living! The verse right before this one says, "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;" 1 Peter 2:9 NKJV Hand picked by Him, chosen to be His own special people. He has called us out of darkness, and into His marvelous light... that we may proclaim His marvelous works in, through, and around us! And

So this is me proclaiming the marvelous work He's done in me! :-) But this is also an invitation, to anyone who feels they don't belong anywhere. You always have a special place, not only in God's kingdom, but also in God's heart! :-) You have a true identity, a person you were born to be, before tainted by the world, and shaped by the world's beliefs and standards. God has called us all to be holy, to be pure, and to be like Him. He's given us invitations, through Jesus, to partake in Him. Find yourself in the comfort of our loving Father! 


Kamaria

4 comments:

  1. In my Voddie voice "Amen, Thank You Jesus, Praise The Lord" This is so above awesome and a lil bit more than that!!!!... but you were wrong about one thing... people don't really like you like that, i mean lets be real, you are like the most loved person i know! besides that you are the most loved person in my life, (not sure if i love you most because next to God & Vania i mean i might fall short lol) but i do Love you Bibou, *voddie voice "A whooole lot" with yo God glorifying gorgeously gigantically grand and glamourous self! ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahah!! Thank you :) and I am glad you liked this! Even though you are exaggerating quite a bit! LOL I love you too! Thank you for supporting me sweetheart!

      Delete
  2. Hey Kamaria! I went to Mays with you, I don't really know how I found your blog but I'm so glad I did. I sure know about the struggle with identity in my own life and It's such a blessing to read about the change that Christ has made in yours. I am SO encouraged by this post and I just had to comment and tell you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iretha! Hey girl!! I'm surprised you found my blog as well! That's so interesting! Your comment has really blessed me! Thank you so much for taking the time out to read this! I hope that if you find yourself scrolling thru the other posts you'll be blessed by them! :)

      God Bless!

      Delete