Friday, August 27, 2010

Daily Devotion: Choice Men

"I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction." ~Isaiah 48:10

It is no mean thing to be chosen of God. So eminent is this privilege, that whatever drawback may be joined to it we very joyfully accept it. We choose the furnace since God chooses us in it.
      We are chosen as an afflicted people and not as a prosperous people: chosen not in the palace, but in the furnace. In the furnace beauty is marred, strength is melted, glory is consumed, and yet here eternal love reveals its secrets and declares its choice. So has it been in our case. In times of severest trials, God has made to us our calling and election plain.We have chosen the Lord to be our God, and He has shown that we are assuredly His chosen.
        Therefore, if today the furnace be heated seven times hotter, we will not dread it, for the glorious Son of God will walk with us amid the glowing coals.

This is an excerpt from a book called...
"One-Minute Devotions FAITH'S CHECKBOOK" by: Charles H. Spurgeon

My mom gave me this as one of my gifts for my birthday and wow... it has definitely been blessing me. If you can find it, I suggest you buy it! Mine is a little smaller...more like "Tote size" and has a nice ribbon place holder, it has the same design though :-)

♥Mari

No comments:

Post a Comment